Friday 19 October 2007

Wait a Minute Mr. Postman

It has arrived! Really pleased! Thank you Val. May you have another hundred great blogs. Love the pin cushion and lavender chocolate is gorgeous - have to admit i was unsure about that one but it's really nice.



I did make a pin cushion for myself a while ago that i was quite pleased with but as soon as i used it i realised that it is to thin and generally a bit rubbish so all the pins stick through to the other side and end up hurting me (I have a lot to learn). So this one will be well loved as its beautiful and already involves less pain.

I was also inspired to order last-minute patchwork gifts online yesterday so that i can have a go myself and it arrived first thing this morning - which was a little unnerving. Hadn't even received the email to say it had been shipped before i had it in my hands - certainly not complaining but was starting to get used to really slow mail so speedy couriers are a nice surprise.

I love the book its really beautiful but feel a bit daunted by all the things i dont know about - keep having to run to Google for answers to things like what is a rotary cutter?, or basting or batting??? - dont you love the internet full of answers for the clueless.
Oh well guess its all part of the fun -it seems im entering into the secret world of sewing!

3 comments:

dottycookie said...

Hurrah! Glad it arrived, and I'm glad the chocolate is tasty - I had some other flavours in the range so I had high hopes ...

Unknown said...

i have never seen lavender chocolate, let alone try it - I'm intrigued now!
I had a little nosy through your blog - and your cats are gorgeous!!! :)

Clang Clang said...

Hey lady

Thanks for your comments. Am v impressed by your patchworking ambitions. I'm way too impatient but would love one day to make a patchwork blanket for one of my babies - maybe when they are about 25! Lavender choc sounds yum, I'm going to look now...